Our world-class artisan staff has accumulated years of knowledge and experience in every area of restoration. With the ability to do all facets of work in house, we maintain control of the entire restoration process which gives us the ability to work on any scope of project from minor paint and body repair to a complete show-winning restoration.
We can address everything necessary to finish a restoration in-house including:
- metal forming
- body finishing
- engine building
- engine tuning
- all extensive mechanical work
We strive for exceptional quality coupled with unparalleled craftsmanship and attention to detail.
Our detailed restoration process involves:
- Disassemble and catalog every piece on vehicle
- Pull body off frame (optional)
- Media blast and restore frame (optional)
- Media blast or mechanically/chemically strip vehicle
- Metal repairs of all rust
- Replace or replate all trim
- Completely smooth out body of all waves and dents
- Etch prime and seal vehicle after stripping
- High build primer after body work
- Block sand entire vehicle
- Paint and clear vehicle including all jambs, under hood and under deck lid
- Sand and buff
- Undercoat vehicle
- Rebuild existing mechanical systems or replace systems
- Upgrade brake, steering and suspension systems
- Rebuild engine or replace with a crate motor
- Upgrade transmission and gearing for a smoother ride
Our exceptional quality has resulted in many prestigious awards and accolades for the cars we have restored. At the Cavallino Classic, our cars have won five Dual “First in Class – Platinum” awards and two “Best V8” Awards including Dual First in Class Platinum. Our most prestigious record breaking restoration and sale was the 1971 Ferrari 365 GT4 Daytona Coupe showcased in several magazines.
Naples Classic Car has also been recognized for acquiring and restoring the first V8 Ferrari 308 GT4 prototype – introduced at the 1973 Paris Auto Show.
The most critical stage to an award-winning paint job application is the preparation of the vehicle’s body. This phase must be planned and finished properly in order to achieve excellence. It makes all the difference in our ability to provide the best restoration available in the industry today.
We pride ourselves in creating concise body work estimates while utilizing the most reliable sources for all needed parts and materials. Our unique quality assurance process enables us to exceed your expectations in a timely and cost-effective manner.
As a Glasurit certified paint shop we are backed by their experts with over 130 years of experience under their belts, we can advise and support you in all aspects of vintage colors and paintwork. We offer you professional support with our Glasurit Classic Car Colors service. Whether you want to refinish your car in the original color or repair the original paintwork, finding the exact color is the key factor for a quality restoration. We have compiled the world's largest color database with 250,000 colors and 600,000 mixing formulas.
Our current site is equipped with a 4,000 sq. ft. paint and body shop which houses a state of the art Garmat down draft, heated paint booth equipped with mixing room.
We currently employ BASF certified paint and body technician.